Despite the complexity and capability of the Oracle database, at it's heart there are a relatively small number of key activities and processes. If you understand them, you will get a lot more out of the database and advanced topics make a lot more sense. In this presentation I explain the key things the database does and how they work together. If you know what a SELECT statement is, you will understand this talk. And by the end of it, you will know some things that even many experienced developers and DBAs don't know.
In this webinar, you will learn:>
- The two ways Oracle reads data from disc and how it writes it back.
- That REDO is actually the most important part of the database.
- What happens when you COMMIT.
- Why Oracle data blocks are key to the buffer cache.
- What a "Consistent Get" really is.
- Why indexes are so powerful and what "balanced B-tree index" actually means.
- What Oracle does when you give it a SQL statement to run.
- How Oracle ensures you see the correct data, even as it is changing.