Ronald Rood is an Oracle ACE and Oracle Certified Master. As an Oracle DBA, he has recently started adding new products to his toolset and CockrachDB is one of them.
In this presentation, Ronald will talk about the success he had in implementing solutions with CockroachDB.
CockroachDB is a colud-native database built on the ideas of old SQL, combined with no SQL giving DBA's an entirely new SQL database. In this webinar Ronald will talk about:
- What is CockroachDB? What problems is it good for?
- How to get started?
- How to setup a secure cluster where each node is open for read and for write.
- How to connect client applications to the database in such a way that the loss of a node does not matter.
- A quick explanation of how raft consensus ensures integrity.
- How to use availability zones for even better availability.