Unit tests help developers catch bugs early and deliver high quality software reliably. However, many unit testing tools available for other programming languages don't work well with PL/SQL.
Enter utPLSQL. utPLSQL is an open source and free framework that helps PL/SQL developers build high quality unit tests:
- It easily integrates with CI/CD servers that follow industry standards for unit testing (Jenkins/Teamcity/Oracle Developer Cloud).
- It integrates with SonarCloud and Coveralls for code coverage and test results analysis.
- It opens PL/SQL for Test Driven Development - one of core practices of Agile and XP (eXtremeProgramming)
- It brings best elements from Java's JUnit and Ruby's RSpec into PL/SQL:
- it allows for easy comparison of data that is normally hard to compare in PL/SQL
In this session, Jacek Gabek will present the follwoing features of utPLSQL:
- How utPLSQL fits into modern software developement lifecycle with automated build, deploy and test pipeline.
- How easy it is to integrate utPLSQL with any industry standard continuous integration server.
- How to benefit from Sonar for quality checks on unit tests and code coverage.